Sunday, March 18, 2007

Suprise Party!


I got up at 3 AM to get ready to leave for the airport yesterday. The flight was delayed on the tarmac due to bad weather and late baggage handlers. I fell asleep waiting and when I opened my eyes again - all three of us were asleep. It must have looked cute.

My son did remarkably well on what was now a 4 1/2 hour flight. We succumbed to the lure of the DVD player in the final hour.

I was a nervous (and exhausted) wreck by 3 PM. I'm sure that they wanted to smack me up side the head by about 4PM. I fret, fret and then fret some more. I was positive that my other brother had inadvertently spilled the beans.

I've been planning this for about 6 weeks. It's awkward to make long distance plans. My aunt was a godsend. I couldn't have done it without her help. Thank you again!

My parents arrived around 5:30 PM, we all rushed to our places. And then they came in through the other door. lol. I don't recommend trying to hide with a talkative 2 1/2 year old who is determined to go see Grandma.

My mom was surprised and she had a great time. I'm pretty sure the entire family did. That's all that matters isn't it?

No comments: