Sunday, October 29, 2006
I should be designing a few samples but I felt like watching TAR instead.
I also need to complete the thank you cards for Rowan's party. I just need to stamp, address and seal. See deadlines - nothing for me.
Saturday, October 28, 2006
You're getting to be such a big boy! I'll have to stop calling you my baby. *sniff*
It's your big day, I can't wait until you see your cake.
You're cake was a HUGE hit with everyone. Thanks 'J'!! You are awesome.
I personally think it looks exactly like Thomas - I'm not sure why you don't. All the kids instantly knew who it was.
Thursday, October 26, 2006
The ATC theme for November is 'monogram' and card swap theme is 'things that fly'.
I have the cutest idea - lets see how well it translates to reality.
I'm off to watch Supernatural. Yum. Hey, hey, hey.
Everyone needs to be in a state of deep thought or dreamy abstraction on occasion. You have your muse and I have mine. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Yes, I realize that is not an especially flattering self observation.
Events such as the Creativ Festival (formerly CSNF) certainly contribute.
I almost made it out the door.... * sigh *
This "To Do" list was inspired by Marissa. Thanks for the nudge! I don't have a hundred things ... yet!
1. Start my son's scrapbooks. I have a lot of documentation, photos, ideas and a whole lotta fear about doing it wrong!
2. Organize all my craft supplies. I have containers and a brother label maker. I only got as far as labeling all my ink pads.
3. Have a real craft / crop space.
4. Use all my supplies at least once!
5. Learn a new technique each month - at the very least!
6. Consistently meet deadlines.
7. Create cards and/or album for the South Riverdale Child-Parent annual fundraising auction. Really next year. Maybe if I start now....
8. Take a book binding class.
9. Learn calligraphy. I looked into this but didn't follow through.
10. To teach at a store or hostess/plan and execute fabulous crop.
11. To get my work published.
12. Learn to take better photographs.
13. Really learn to use my Adobe Photoshop.
14. Learn to sew. My mom gave me a sewing cabinet and a nice machine. I haven't even opened it. *shame*
14. Take up belly dance again and document it. There I said it. I rarely admit I did.Even if I was hopeless - I had fun!
15. Create a book of me
16. Complete handmade Christmas cards and mail them.
17. Learn colour theory
18. Learn how to use a colour wheel
19. Write letters to my favorite authors/artists to say thanks
20. A year of handmade birthday cards for everyone I know.
Monday, October 16, 2006
http://www.stampin.com/tips/pencils.htm http://www.createforless.com/advice/tech_watercolor.asp http://www.ehow.com/how_11104_watercolors-paint-holiday.html
No work to report for me. I fell asleep with my son last night.
I was all keen to do some research yesterday evening.
I purchased some watercolor pencils on the weekend. Now I need to figure out how to use them. I did some playing late Saturday night. I don't think I am doing it right. Quelle suprise. It usually takes several attempts for me get the knack of something. Especially if I have to figure it out myself.
Off to do more research on the worldwideweb. I wonder if they have 'watercolour pencils for the clueless'...
Sunday, October 15, 2006
* boggle *
Those who know me know that there are many things I do at a crop.
Cropping isn't one of them. Not yesterday. I pleasantly surprised myself! I haven’t accomplished this much since an all day crop in 1999.
Of course I chatted, ate, chatted, shopped, chatted, ate and chatted even more.
I also actually (I’m still amazed) worked on several things:
* card swap
* thank you cards for my son's upcoming birthday party
* organizing my supplies
* completed a card challenge (even if my card was LAME)
* completed a make and take (cute card huh?)
It is always a pleasure the to meet up with croppin' friends and catch up. Get your photo taken with a real live 'celebrity' scrapbooker - just for you 'L'. It was announced - it means it's official now. Anonymity is just a dim memory.
I also came to the realization that maybe (just maybe) it appears to others 'J' and I don't always play well together. lol.
One of the ladies (Cindy) made bracelets supporting H.O.P.E. for ALS. ALS stands for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis; it also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. One was generously donated as a prize and I won! I love it.
IMO Scrapbook Heaven in St. George Ontario hosts the BEST crop in all of Ontario. Mary Ann, Michelle, John and Rosemary did an amazing job again.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Friday, October 13, 2006
Deadline 1 - ATC Swap.
Due Date: 13OCT2006
Theme: Creepy / Halloween
The title of my ATC is Whoo Hoo Loot!
Supplies used -
Stamp: Inkadinkado (front)
Stamp: Catslife Press (back)
Embossing powder: Stampendous
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
I hope to have something to post everyday this month.
I have signed up for two swaps and they have firm deadlines.
A deadline inspires terror for me. I wish it would motivate me - instead I am more like an ostrich. I've closed my eyes and you can't see me.