Sunday, November 12, 2006

A little WICKEDness


I've never seen the Wizard of Oz.

OK, get it out of your system. Do what ever you need to do to express your surprise, horror, disbelief, etc. Apparently this is a classic.

I'll wait.

I was graciously invited to see the musical 'Wicked' by a friend. I wasn't sure what to expect at all.

Oh, I knew the basic story, tornado, girl and dog, scarecrow, cowardly lion, tin man, wicked witch. I guess I had the mental Coles notes version.

I liked it so much I bought the soundtrack. Now I just need to get 'Popular' out of my head.

La la la la

We're gonna make

You popular

When I see depressing creatures

With unprepossessing features

I remind them on their own behalf

To think of

Celebrated heads of state or

Specially great communicators

Did they have brains or knowledge?

Don't make me laugh!

They were popular!

Please -It's all about popular!

It's not about aptitude

It's the way you're viewed

So it's very shrewd to be

Very very popular

Like me!

Oddly, I saw the movie the very next night and my first reaction was 'That's not how it happened!"

No comments: