Saturday, November 24, 2007

Extraordinary Society of Mixed Up Media Artists Club Night

I was late. What else is new? I feel like I am always rushing to do something or go somewhere lately.

The demo was well in progress. I figured that I would quietly abstain as I work ever sooooo slowly.

I wandered up to find a plate but frankly was to embarrassed to ask for one due to my extreme tardiness.

Instead I grabbed a coffee (bless whoever brought it!), settled in to catch up and admire the WIPs. I was content to simply admire but Martha insisted that I do a plate too. She had no problem asking for a plate for me! I will post my plate sometime within the next few weeks. I have to use my remaining vacation days (11!) in the next four weeks. So in theory I should have the time!

I was really happy to discover that I did not miss the 'What's new, what's hot or not?" part of the meeting. It is truly my favorite part of the meeting. OK, I like the big reveal too, but it is stressful. Will it ever stop being stressful?

Carmi has decided that we will be taking turns for the demo in the upcoming year. I like the idea - seems like fun - but what the heck am I going to teach these talented women?

It was time for the big reveal! I was curious to see the alterations made to the dreadful doily.

But wait. I was time to see next month's assignment first. It's loathsome. It's horrid. I hate it. Oh goody.

Back the reveal... Delicious results. I really love the that everyone comes up with such a unique creation. I can't wait until Carmi posts a photo of the most recent assignment.

I made a Christmas ornament.

I cut up my doily and dyed it in tea and randomly stitched it with other embellishments. I tried to make a little pointsetta using the pink flower but it didn't look right to me. I buried it under some lace instead. I played with ArtEmboss metal and sewed it to my ornament. I really liked using it - even if I did slice my palm open once (OK twice.) I will be using it again on cards and ATCs real soon.

I distinctly recall someone saying 'where is the doily/flower?' when it was my turn. It's there, you just can't see it from across the room. lol.

2 comments:

martha brown said...

Sheesh, I'm certainly not as bossy as you make me sound! LOL -- just kidding (maybe I am). I cleared my dollarama out of the small glass plates and the larger ones (they had about 10 small and 2 large)I'm going to give away my Christmas cookies on them! So, I'm all finished my Christmas shopping -- everyone is getting cookies on a lovely plate. Shhhh, don't tell.

A bird in the hand said...

I loved your doily rendition. And -- I could see the doily.