Monday, April 07, 2008

Sure ain't no Florence Nightingale...

If a cop calls you at home it's never good. I don't know why I didn't pick up on this when he identified himself. Uh, oh something not good is coming. Nope, not me. No clue.

My better half was struck by a car yesterday morning while on his way to work.

Thankfully he's OK. Well, if 'OK' can include a broken collar bone, painfully bruised ribs, injured hand and a twisted ankle.

When we finally got him home, I helped him upstairs to bed and tried to help him get as comfortable as possible. Frankly, I was reluctant to touch him anywhere because he was hurting so badly and you could tell. That scared me more than anything all morning.

I finally decided that I could touch his head. I leaned forward to give him a hug and speak quietly to him. He looked so uncomfortable and in pain. Finally, he said through gritted teeth, "Your leaning on my collar bone".

Florence Nightingale I'm not.

4 comments:

Susan Williamson said...

Oh Cori, how scary for both of you. I hope your BH starts to pick up soon.

Unknown said...

Girl I hope your man recovers soon! How scary!

Sandyxoxo

MarissaDW said...

Hope your hubby is doing better. If you need anything let me know.

Anonymous said...

Cori.. sorry to hear the news of the accident but good to hear that it wasn't more serious.. Hope BH is recovering well and that you don't have to get a degree in nursing any time soon.. :)
Hugs to both of you.. Gail